Sunday, February 28, 2010

Parkside Austin


Last night we went to dinner at Parkside on 6th street. The restaurant reminded me a lot of Blue Ribbon in Brooklyn,NY. The atmosphere of the restaurant was young and hip. It was a bit noisy so it was very difficult to hear the person sitting across from you at the table. I wouldn't recommend bringing and older person who has hearing problems here. But the food was good, its known for its raw bar and oyster selection. Which is not my cup of tea, so I opted for the steak, which was good, but not fantastic. My husband got the braised pork cheeks which were very tasty. The standout of the whole meal were the desserts! We got the chocolate sticky toffee pudding which was out of this world! Sorry to say I didn't get a picture of this because we got a little too excited and ate the whole thing before I remembered to snap a photo. And we also got the cream filled donuts, which I didn't eat since there was cream in them but the presentation was gorgeous and from what everyone said they didn't taste too bad either.
So, I would definitely go back for dinner but maybe would go a little earlier than 8pm, since it was so loud and 6th street gets pretty crazy on a Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment